Corona Virus (COVID-19) is a huge concern for everyone, particularly as momentum of the virus continues to gather pace in the UK, affecting our way of life both at home and at work. During this unprecedented time, MF Safety & Workwear are committed to supporting all efforts in reducing and stopping the spread of COVID-19, both amongst our staff and our business partners alike. We are monitoring the situation closely along with the government updates, and will respond to these accordingly.
As a team we are still working at full capacity to ensure that our customers receive an uninterrupted supply of products wherever possible, but due to the unprecedented high demand on certain lines there may be an interrupted supply in the short term.
The products that are currently affected are; disposable coveralls, masks, wipes, gloves and hand sanitiser. We will do everything possible to ensure supply to regular customers of these products, but may have to evaluate supplies to customers that don’t normally purchase them from us.
STAFF & CUSTOMERS:
The safety of our employees and customers is top priority, and we have taken several decisions and actions to support business continuity. The following procedures have been implemented to minimise risks where possible;
- Following the governments guidelines on travel and practical measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Implementing a hand wash/sanitising programme for all staff members
- Disinfecting our facilities and equipment as appropriate
- Encouraging team members to take any signs of illness seriously and seeking medical attention as needed
- Introducing a ‘no handshake’ policy for all staff members
- Requesting that all meetings for suppliers and to customers are now undertaken via conference or video calls
- Placing restrictions on all non-essential visitors to our offices and warehouse
- Requesting that all staff avoid all non-essential travel, including international travel
- Encouraging staff to continue as a team, but being prepared to work from home if and when required
As a company we will be supporting government legislation to help stop the spread of this virus, and will be monitoring this on a daily basis to ensure compliance with the latest information in this fast-moving situation.
As the Government advice is changing daily we cannot rule out further changes, but we will continue to share all updates here with you as the situation progresses. We would like to thank you for your continued support, and hope that you and your employees remain safe during this challenging time.
UPDATE – April 2020
Following the Government’s announcement of the closure of all non-essential shops and businesses, we wanted to confirm that we are still fully operational and open for business as a supplier of essential PPE items.
We are also helping many companies that provide essential services to the NHS and other critical industries, and will continue to support the amazing team on the front line wherever we can.
We are fortunate to have systems in place that allow our team to work from home where necessary, whilst still being able to serve our customers. Those that remain in the workplace are able to utilise safe distancing procedures and other recommended measures to miminise risk. The health and wellbeing of our staff and their families remains of utmost importance to us.
Our next-day delivery service is also continuing as normal, however we do ask that customers are patient as some carriers are facing difficulties given the current circumstances.
We would like to thank all our customers for your continued support during this unprecedented time, and we focus on continuing to provide you with the best level of service possible.
Stay safe, take care and keep well – from the team at MF Safety & Workwear